Burt & Cordes, PLLC
Laura Burt advises clients in various areas of family law including Separation, Property Settlement and Alimony Agreements, and Premarital Agreements. After litigating family law matters for many years, Ms. Burt now focuses her practice on working with clients that want to reach out of court settlements. Ms. Burt has extensive experience in negotiating resolutions to complex property settlement and alimony cases and finding creative solutions to resolve child custody issues. Ms. Burt particularly enjoys finding creative ways to resolve issues in contentious situations. Ms. Burt is a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law.
Laura Burt was a founding member of the Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Practice Group and has served in various positions for the group including Vice President and President. Ms. Burt has been named by Business North Carolina Magazine among North Carolina’s legal elite for her practice in family law for 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2015. Ms. Burt is a frequent speaker at NC continuing legal education seminars on family law issues and particularly on Collaborative Law matters. Ms. Burt represents clients in the negotiation and mediation of family law matters and also enjoys practicing collaboratively.
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
- AV Rated Attorney
- 2015, 2013, 2010, 2007 Named by Business North Carolina Magazine among North Carolina’s Legal Elite in the area of Family Law
- 2011-2012 President, Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Practice Group
- 2009-2011 Vice President, Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Practice Group
- 2005-present Certified NC Family Financial Settlement Mediator
- Frequent Speaker at Family Law Continuing Legal Education Programs in Mecklenburg County, NC on Family Law matters and particularly on collaborative law issues
- Member and Former Sunday School Teacher, Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Has held Various Positions including Room Mom and VP of Community Support at Providence Day School
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Christ Lutheran Children’s Center